Thursday 3 September 2015

The Road out of Bristol

First update!  Reasonably short as everything is going smoothly so far, so there's not much to tell.  I've just enjoyed a banging steak and mushroom pie in the Mariner's Arms in Berkeley.  Florence's battery is nearly full again - the 22 miles we traversed this morning only depleted her power to 50% ish, even though a lot of that was uphill getting out of Bristol. *shakes fist at Gloucester Rd*

I came off the A38 at Thornbury (ah, fond memories of doing my ACCA exams as I whipped past the leisure centre) and since then it's all been charming country roads with no markings and only cows and horses for company.  I got caught in a brief shower just past Oldbury Naite, but it was no great shakes. Legs are holding up fine, good work legs! Although the space between my shoulderblades is feeling a tad grumpy.

Almost time to be on my way again. Another 26 miles to cover before bed, although mostly flat so they will feel much easier than this morning's beginning. Away with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment